Optional Activity: Where Is North?
Your teacher has labeled the walls of the classroom with North, South, East, and West. Discuss:
- To go to the front of the room, which direction would you walk: North, South, East, or West?
- Which direction would you walk to go toward the clock?
- What is closest to the west wall of the classroom?
Suppose you could walk through the wall labeled North and keep on walking in a straight line. Discuss:
- Where would you end up if you kept walking North?
- Where would you end up if you kept walking South?