Resources for Teachers
Sharing with teachers? Here's what you need!
Use this presentation to introduce your peers to fun, profound science!
Put this flyer in mailboxes or attach to an email!
Kick the year off right!
Get a guided tour of Mystery Science so you know where to find everything, from assessments to supplies to student links.
Download Planning GuidesMystery Science is designed for the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS). We cover key performance expectations for K-5 science: use this guide to plan a full year of fun, engaging, hands-on science!
Not in an NGSS state? No worries: we’ve created state-specific alignments, too! Download your state alignment for Mystery Science:
- Arizona Science Standards (2018)
- Florida Next Generation Sunshine State Standards
- Georgia Standards of Excellence (GSE)
- Indiana Academic Science Standards
- North Carolina Essential Standards for Science
- Ohio's Learning Standards for Science (2018)
- Pennsylvania Academic Standards for Science and Technology
- South Carolina Academic Standards and Performance Indicators for Science
- Tennessee Academic Standards for Science
- Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS)
- Utah Science with Engineering Education Standards (2020)
- Virginia Science Standards of Learning (2018)
Resources for School Leaders
Prepare SuppliesMystery Science is designed to be easy prep: lessons just need simple materials that are usually on hand in classrooms, or can easily be found at grocery or discount stores.
If you are prepping for a whole year, or for multiple classrooms, you can generate a master supplies list with the Mystery Supply Calculator.
We are offering a limited number of Mystery Science Supply Kits for the 2019-20 school year.
Anchor Layer and Storylines
Are you coaching your teachers on advanced NGSS instruction? Mystery Science now offers Anchor Storylines and a free add-on module, the Anchor Layer, that adds anchoring phenomena and performance tasks (currently available for all 4th and 5th grade units; 3rd grade in development)
Learn more about the Anchor Layer
Learn how Mystery Science supports the 5E instructional model