Mystery Science Resources
Resources for Teachers
Sharing with colleagues? Here's what you need!
Use this presentation to introduce your peers to fun, profound science!
Put this flyer in mailboxes or attach to an email!
Kick the year off right!
Get a guided tour of Mystery Science so you know where to find everything, from assessments to supplies to student links.
Download Planning GuidesMystery Science is designed for the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS). We cover key performance expectations for K-5 science: use this guide to plan a full year of fun, engaging, hands-on science!
Not in an NGSS state? No worries: we’ve created state-specific alignments, too! Download your state alignment for Mystery Science:
- Arizona Science Standards (2018)
- British Columbia's Science Curriculum
- Florida Next Generation Sunshine State Standards
- Georgia Standards of Excellence (GSE)
- Indiana Academic Science Standards
- Massachusetts Science and Technology/Engineering Framework
- Minnesota Academic Standards in Science (2019)
- Mississippi College and Career Readiness Standards for Science
- Missouri Learning Standards for Science
- North Carolina Essential Standards for Science
- Ohio's Learning Standards for Science (2018)
- The Ontario Curriculum: Science and Technology
- Pennsylvania Academic Standards for Science and Technology
- South Carolina College- and Career-Ready Science Standards 2021
- Tennessee Academic Standards for Science
- Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS)
- Utah Science with Engineering Education Standards (2020)
- Virginia Science Standards of Learning (2018)
- Next Generation Content Standards and Objectives for Science in West Virginia Schools
Grade-level Printable PDFsTo make it easier to prepare for a whole unit or year at a time, you can download a PDF that contains a collated set of all student printouts and assessments for the NGSS units in each grade level.
Learn about our features to support remote teaching, including Google Classroom integration and mini-lesson extension activities.Download presentation
Distance learning how-to for each lesson
See which lessons are ready as-is for distance learning and how to adjust activities that require partner work.
Resources for School Leaders
Host a Training
Share the magic of Mystery Science by hosting a 30-minute training!
Prepare SuppliesMystery Science is designed to be easy prep: lessons just need simple materials that are usually on hand in classrooms or can easily be found at grocery or discount stores.
If you are prepping for a whole year or for multiple classrooms, you can generate a master supplies list with the Mystery Supply Calculator.
Order Mystery Packs
We offer Mystery Packs that include that include all of the supplies a teacher needs for their grade level.
Reserve Mystery Packs for your teachers
Anchor Layer and Storylines
Are you coaching your teachers on advanced NGSS instruction? Mystery Science now offers Anchor Storylines and a free add-on module, the Anchor Layer, which adds anchor phenomena and performance tasks. These are currently available for our 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade units.
Learn more about the Anchor Layer.
How Mystery Science Helps All Students
Learn how Mystery Science supports the 5E instructional model and read about our inclusivity principles.