Questions about distance learning?
Learn about our new features to support remote teaching, including Google Classroom integration and mini-lesson extension activities.Download Presentation
Distance learning how-to for each lesson
Which lessons are ready as-is for distance learning? How do I adjust activities that require partner work? We’ve done the work for you: four easy categories show you how to make each lesson work right now!
Resources for Teachers
Sharing with teachers? Here's what you need!
Use this presentation to introduce your peers to fun, profound science!
Put this flyer in mailboxes or attach to an email!
Kick the year off right!
Get a guided tour of Mystery Science so you know where to find everything, from assessments to supplies to student links.
Download Planning GuidesMystery Science is designed for the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS). We cover key performance expectations for K-5 science: use this guide to plan a full year of fun, engaging, hands-on science!
Not in an NGSS state? No worries: we’ve created state-specific alignments, too! Download your state alignment for Mystery Science:
- Arizona Science Standards (2018)
- British Columbia's Science Curriculum
- Florida Next Generation Sunshine State Standards
- Georgia Standards of Excellence (GSE)
- Indiana Academic Science Standards
- Massachusetts Science and Technology/Engineering Framework
- Minnesota Academic Standards in Science (2019)
- Mississippi College and Career Readiness Standards for Science
- North Carolina Essential Standards for Science
- Ohio's Learning Standards for Science (2018)
- The Ontario Curriculum: Science and Technology
- Pennsylvania Academic Standards for Science and Technology
- South Carolina Academic Standards and Performance Indicators for Science
- Tennessee Academic Standards for Science
- Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS)
- Utah Science with Engineering Education Standards (2020)
- Virginia Science Standards of Learning (2018)
Grade-level Printout PDFsTo make it easier to prepare for a whole unit or year at a time, you can download a combined PDF file that contains a collated set of all student printouts and assessments for the NGSS units in each grade level.
Resources for School Leaders
Host a Virtual Training
Share the magic of Mystery Science by hosting a 30-minute virtual training!
Prepare SuppliesMystery Science is designed to be easy prep: lessons just need simple materials that are usually on hand in classrooms, or can easily be found at grocery or discount stores.
If you are prepping for a whole year, or for multiple classrooms, you can generate a master supplies list with the Mystery Supply Calculator.
We offer Mystery Supply Packs that include all of the supplies a teacher needs for their grade level.
Anchor Layer and Storylines
Are you coaching your teachers on advanced NGSS instruction? Mystery Science now offers Anchor Storylines and a free add-on module, the Anchor Layer, that adds anchoring phenomena and performance tasks. These are currently available for all 3rd, 4th and 5th-grade units.
Learn more about the Anchor Layer
Learn how Mystery Science supports the 5E instructional model